Sunday 3 February 2008

How did I get myself into this ?

Okay .. I'll admit it this update has been a long time coming but to be honest, work was mental in the run up to christmas and getting things back to normal post festive period took awhile ...

So what is my first post of the new year going to contain ....

Well .. I'm getting married in September of this year and earlier on this week I got to talking with some of the guys at work about stag do type events over lunch, so I could give my best man some ideas.
This started off well and numerous ideas concerning boozing were put forth ... and then things started getting a little silly.
Somehow ... I think it might actually be my fault although I was only joking when I suggested it, but somehow I've been roped into a rally or race of sorts that's sort of in honor of my impending nuptials.

The plan is this ...
To drive from the office in sunny Uxbridge to Nice in France.

"That's not that bad" I hear you say ... Then comes the good bit ..
Each team must purchase a car for no more than £200 (Must be taxed & MOT'd) to make the journey.

The cars however aren't making the return trip as we're going to sell them/scrap them when we get there and fly back ...

We start at 6pm on Friday 9th May and we have to be in Nice by Sunday ...

How I got myself into this I don't know .. but I've booked the ferry and the flights home ...
I've roped my brother in as a suitable team mate so it's all systems go !!!

The entire trip/decent into chaos & madness is due to be documented via the medium of pictures, film and depending on what sort of connections I can blag, blogposts and my ever trusty Twitter feed ...

I've no idea what's going to happen ... I do know that we're going to have a lot of fun doing it though ...

So stay tuned for further updates ...

Oh .. one more thing .. if anyone has a line on a car that's reliable and going for under £200 let me know ...

2 comments:

dcm said...

That is a brilliant idea! Sounds like you should let the guys at Top Gear in on the act. Of course they might burn something down or otherwise blow up your party! But it does sound great.

Cheers - Dan

True Jersey Girl said...

Best. Idea. Evah. I love it. Its going to be so memorable, no matter what happens!