Wednesday 7 November 2007

Impending Wealth Diminishment


So we reach the month of November ..
Que the local "yoof massive" purchasing fireworks that they shouldn't be getting their grubby little mits on and setting them off on the green outside the flat.
Now the majority of the time I'll turn a blind eye and let them mess about with explosives as they're not my kids, however when they're doing it at midnight it's not exactly inspiring goodwill towards them ... but as yet my wishes to hear a scream resulting from a skin graft enducing burn haven't been fullfilled
(does this make me a bad person ?)

The other thing about November .... The pre-holiday season gaming flood !!
It seems that the gaming industry is conspiring to make me a very very poor person indeed ...
After PGR4 and The Orange Box arriving at the end of October they're now forcing me to purchase Call Of Duty 4 this week (no honestly they are .. there's a gun to my head and everything).
Next week I get a week off but the week after that there's Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action on the 360 and Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii
The week November 23rd sees the release of Guitar Hero 3 and Mass Effect. The words essential purchase spring to mind for these two. To say that I'm excited about Mass Effect would be an understatement and Guitar Hero 3 ..... Well it's Guitar Hero .. Nuff Said :)

So in the space of about 6 or 7 weeks I'm spending approx. £300 on games .. OUCH !!!

I know Christmas is just around the corner and all that ,but to be honest, given the track record of certain parties (who shall remain nameless) not getting the most obvious of hints it looks like the only way I'm going to get hold of all these goodies is if I buy them myself.
Then the only problem is finding the time to play them all !!!! I know I don't sleep much but this may stretch even my capabilities .....

Hopefully I'll be able to get my mits on Call Of Duty 4 this evening .... Sometimes I love working for this company ;)
So stay tuned for some first impressions


No comments: